Did you know that July is National Ice Cream month? Really! And, in 2014, Sunday, July 20 will be National Ice Cream Day! YAHOO!
What does this have to do with children’s media? Well, when there are different special days and months, you can use those as themes to create experiential learning opportunities with media and activities.
Here are some ice cream media activities:
1. Martha Speaks Blue Ice Cream Clip: Do you have an AVERSION to food that is blue?
2. Martha Speaks “Operation Ice Cream” Story: Wouldn’t it be fun to have an ice cream party?
3. Curiosity Quest: How is ice cream made at Ben & Jerry’s?
4. Max and Ruby: Max’s Ice Cream Cone
Here are some ice cream reading activities:
1. Ice Cream: The Full Scoop by Gail Gibbons
2. Icebergs, Ice Caps, and Glaciers by Allan Fowler
3. Wemberley’s Ice Cream Star by Kevin Henkes
And, here are some ice cream doing activities:
1. Eat some ice cream!
- Graeter’s is having a special on Sunday, July 20 – $1.44 cones!
- Check out these deals and freebies for ice cream online!
2. Makes some ice cream!
- Check out this simple recipe for ice cream from Kitchen Explorers
3. Play the ARTHUR ice cream delivery game!
4. Make ice cream treats!
Enjoy National Ice Cream Month!